SSE Airtricity Dublin Marathon Expo takes place in the prestigious premises of the Royal Dublin Society, located in Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
RDS Main Hall, Merrion Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
Friday 26th October 12noon–7pm
Saturday 27th October 9am–7pm
Parking at the RDS
The car park for the Dublin Marathon Expo is accessed from Merrion Road (see photo for Merrion Road gates). There is a €7 parking charge with no time limit.
Location & Access to the RDS
The RDS is situated in the Heart of Dublin in Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. It is located on a 42- acre site between The Four Seasons Hotel and Herbert Park on Merrion Road.
For further travel information, visit AA Route Planner Ireland
From Dublin Airport, travel time: 45 Minutes Distance, 16 Kilometers
Leave the airport and follow the Way Out signs until you reach a signaled roundabout.
- At the roundabout take the 2nd exit signposted Dublin to join Motorway M1
- Airport Interchange. At roundabout take 2nd exit signposted Dublin
- Junction 3 (M50) Follow signpost towards City Centre
- End of the Motorway, follow the N1 Leaving the motorway
- At the junction with Griffith Avenue, turn left at traffic lights R102 sign posted Malahide, Howth
- Junction with R107, at the traffic lights turn right R107
- At the T Junction turn right P105
- At traffic lights turn left R13i signposted Dublin Port, Dun Laoghaire
- At the junction with Alfie Byrne Road go through the traffic lights
- At the junction for Dublin Port turn right at the traffic lights
- The Point Depot (J79) at the roundabout follow the signposts for Dun Laoghaire Via Toll Bridge and proceed across the River Liffey
- Go through the East Link Toll Bridge (car 0.45)
- Junction 80 (Dublin Outer Orbital Route); At the roundabout take the third exit signposted Nil, N81· Irishtown (Junction 81)
- Turn right then and turn immediately left at the traffic signals into Londonbridge Road Rill (Signposted Nil, N81)
- Junction 51 (R815) at traffic signals turn left R815, signposted Ballsbridge
- Proceed through the next traffic lights and The RDS is situated on your right
The RDS is only 16km from Dublin International Airport. An Aircoach to Ballsbridge runs from outside the airport every 15 minutes and drops outside the Main Hall entrance to the RDS. The journey costs €12 return and takes approximately 30-45 minutes depending on traffic.
Taxis are available at the Taxi rank outside Arrivals. Expect to pay between €40 and
Our Loc8 Code is NN5-95-LB7.